Current Projects List
Project Deliverables & Milestones
Reports & Presentations
- Project web site established.
- Project staff hired.
- Consultation with other projects (LOOKING, MBARI) on specifications completed.
- High definition video camera selected.
- Hardware for video transmission over fibre selected.
- Web services software development plan completed.
- User interface testing using mock-up interfaces completed.
- Underwater vehicle modification specifications completed.
- Underwater component deployment plan completed.
- Existing McGill transmission software replicated in WSDL/SOAP.
- Plan for UCLP software test (CRC v.s. UQAM) completed.
- Low-fidelity camera-control interface prototype testing completed.
- Integration of security/authorization for camera access completed.
- Underwater camera housing specifications completed and manufacturer selected.
- Connector and tether mounting specifications completed.
- Design of tether management system completed.
- Design of underwater camera support system completed.
- Web Services software alpha test completed.
- Web services implementation testing on lab cameras completed.
- User interface testing for session initiation and control completed.
- Camera-control user interface completed.
- Plan completed for incorporating bio-fouling shutter if necessary.
- Plan completed for incorporating illumination if necessary.
- Underwater pan/tilt specifications completed.
- Web Services software beta test and revisions completed.
- Report on UCLP software test (CRC v.s. UQAM) for ease of use, etc.
- Report on video quality, network performance, and accuracy and response time of camera control.
- User interface for session initiation and control completed.
- Incorporation of sensor display in user interface completed.
- Web services management of sensor data communication completed.
- Camera housing completed.
- Underwater pan/tilt completed.
- Camera housing mated to vehicle and tested.
- Camera assembly attached to VENUS node.
- Independent evaluation - report involving feedback from test users of system.
- HCI analysis and interface tuning completed.
- Final revisions of software as a result of feedback from test users completed.
- Data stream format for NEPTUNE integration specified.
- Camera assembly performance tests completed.
- Any necessary modifications of camera assembly completed.
- Demonstrations for sponsors and the press completed.
- Final project report completed.